This last weekend was a state wide California YSA conference. We all gather at our respective temple district for a big hula Saturday and Sunday. I'm in the LA temple district so we all truck down that way early Saturday. Since the had sooooo many people sign up they divided us into two groups at two different locations. They split us into 18-23 and 24-30. I fell into the older group. I was a big worried that every one would be totally weird and awkward. Turns out I was wrong. Most of the people were pretty cool. There were even some really cute and cool one. And a few hotties even.
All in all I had a great time. Except for the scary dance. The dance was unlike any dance I have ever seen, church dance or not. It was like a club out of my worst nightmares. Okay maybe not that bad but close. That had all this heavy rap and rave music playing, I didn't see anything resembling dancing--more of a mosh pit. And the girls... Half of them turned into skanks. They were wearing tights, and maybe a micro-skirt overt them often not. Totally not church appropriate. Lets just say it turned me off of these girls and the dance.
How ever church the next day totally made up for it. The conference really ended on a high note. Very spiritual and enjoyable. I enjoyed myself and realized two things. One, I don't do SoCal dances. Two there really are normal singles my age.
Death
12 years ago
2 comments:
Gotta love the people that are the same, in and out of church! I'm sorry the dance wasn't a great experience. Everything else sounded nice!
Sounded like a good weekend. Minus... the dancing. Hahaha
Post a Comment